Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Boston Energy Wind Power Services Inc. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Boston Energy Wind Power Services Inc.
JOB TITLE: Wind Turbine Technician
LOCATION: Providence, RI/Travelling
As an Experienced Wind Turbine Technician - Commissioning (Travelling), you will be part of a dedicated project team who is responsible for the testing and commissioning of the wind turbine and its subsystems in accordance with OEM procedures and safe working practices. You will troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical system malfunctions.
- Perform commissioning and acceptance activities on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical wind turbine components
- Perform trial run operations and equipment testing
- Fault diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ensure commissioning activities are performed in a safe manner, within the site specific guidelines
- Accurately complete and maintain commissioning documentation and records
- Analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
- Perform other daily work activities as directed by commissioning supervisor
- Maintain all company supplied equipment, transport and tooling
Successful candidates will have:
Required Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Hands on electrical and/or mechanical skills, ideally with experience of heavy industrial equipment, including, electrics, hydraulics, rotating parts and PLC control systems
- Able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of industry health and safety practices
- Ability to understand, read and write in English
- Computer literate
- Clean driving record
As an existing commission technician – you should already possess all necessary tickets including: GWO tickets, SGRE BTT/SGTT, OSHA 10, Wind Electrical Safety Awareness, Medical & Chester Step test, Banksman Slinger and CCNSG Site safety passport (or an alternative safety card that is accepted). Training can be provided to ensure compliance and would be discussed on an individual basis.
Preferred Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Technical qualifications in electrical or mechanical field from an accredited college or university or equivalent technical qualifications from Military service
- Certification from a renewable energy / wind technical program
- Extensive experience as a Wind Turbine Commissioning Technician
Personal Characteristic Requirements
- Flexibility to travel up to 100%
- Physically fit and able conduct multiple climbs (up to 300 feet) at times without climbing aids or lifts
- Work in remote locations, varying temperature conditions and adverse weather
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own initiative
- Able to undertake random drug and alcohol testing
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Boston Energy Wind Power Services Inc. will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.