Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting experienced welders on behalf of Electric Boat, a Quonset based manufacturer who designs and builds the nuclear submarines used by our US Navy.
COMPANY NAME: General Dynamics Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Welder
LOCATION(S): North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
Electric Boat is seeking experienced welders for their Quonset facility.
- Welding using a variety of welding processes
- Use of welding and pressurized gas tools such as grinders, burr tools and wire brushes
- Continuous training to learn new and traditional welding processes as needed
Successful candidates will have:
- Welding experience
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic math and communication skills
- Following training, the ability to read and interpret welding and shipyard procedures, structural drawings, technical manuals, test documents and diagrams
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.