160 Frenchtown Rd
Job Number: 3585
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for ASC Engineered Solutions. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: ASC Engineered Solutions
JOB TITLE: Welder
LOCATION: North Kingstown
HOURS: 1st Shift.
Perform manual, semi-automatic and automatic FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, tack welding and torch cutting operations on carbon steel, carbon to alloys, stainless steel, nickel alloys, and occasionally galvanized materials welding filler, vee groove and full penetration bevel joints on a variety of parts. Qualified for 2G and 2F.
- Work from weld data sheet and procedures, operation traveler, prints and oral instructions to select electrode, determine filler size and draw filler wire and stick from weld wire crib and determine type of setup.
- Use turntable for circular parts or use weld bench to set up fixtures or layout and build makeshift fixturing.
- Visually check parts in preparation for welding, cleaning weld area of oil, dirt, rust and burrs.
- Check dimensions to ensure parts are within print dimensions.
- Prepare parts for welding using square, tape or scale centering heads and compass components following weld parameters.
- Use temp sticks to ensure specified heat and weld components in one or multiple passes to produce welds with proper penetration, free from burn through, cracks, porosity and heavy bead.
- Deburr and grind off slag and excessive weld, as necessary.
- Repair defective welded parts using air arc to remove material to root of imperfection or to base metal and re-weld according to weld specifications.
- Perform torch cutting including cutting radius and plasma cutting on stainless steel.
- Use various measuring devices to ensure work is to print specification including, but not limited to, coordinate measuring machine, machinist square, micrometers, verniers, thread and plug gauges.
- Use crane, dollies and carts to obtain and return material to and from storage area and move completed job to next operation.
- Return leftover filler sticks to wire crib at completion of shift.
- Store all tooling, fixtures and additional point-of-use items in an organized manner, in drawers, on work bench etc. with proper labels, color coding, floor marking or other identifying mechanism.
- Maintain work area as well as machines, tools, and equipment to meet program requirements.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Identify and assist in remediation of any and all safety hazards in the work place.
- Perform other duties as directed by Team Leader/Supervisor
Successful candidates will have:
- High School/GED
- 1-3 years’ experience in a machine shop environment
- Must be able to use measuring equipment such as measuring tapes, verniers, and calipers, and read gauges.
- General Computer Skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to be certified to operate a forklift and use hoists to pick up heavy parts
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and ASC Engineered Solutions will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.