1400 Division Road
Job Number: 1444
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Worthington Industries (AMTROL). Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY: Worthington Industries (AMTROL)
JOB TITLE: Welder
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full Time, 2nd Shift
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures.
- Safely operates all advanced level welding equipment including robotic welding.
- Sets up, troubleshoots and makes advanced adjustments welding machines as needed to maintain good production and quality.
- Utilized as weld training contact for weld lines and provides mentoring to new welders.
- Participates in improvement planning – modification of weld procedures to increase safety, efficiency, and quality.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required to obtain weld certification to AWS/ANSI standards
- Basic Math skills
- Must have a firm understanding of volts and amps and be able to adjust accordingly
- Basic data entry skills for maintenance breakdown calls
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions; weld symbols, and operate required tools involved in position
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures – detect defects
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Troubleshooting skills
- Able to consistently maintain production averages at or above the expected standards
- Leadership Ability
- Ability to train, coordinate, communicate effectively with all departments
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- 6 months of previous material handling experience or equivalent knowledge
- 3 to 5 years weld experience
- WI basic safety training
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Worthington Industries (AMTROL) will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.