260 Lake Road
Job Number: 3617
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for UNFI INC. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: UNFI INC
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Selector
LOCATION: Dayville, Connecticut Rhode Island Residents Only.
HOURS: Various Shifts with an 11:00 AM Start Time
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family-owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today.
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance with the order.
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information.
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay throughout warehouse
- Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner.
- Immediately informs a foreman, supervisor, or manager of any potential safety threats.
- Operates pallet jack/pushcart in a safe and efficient manner.
- Builds a stable and well cubed pallet.
- Parks and recharges pallet jack in its appropriate spot at the end of your shift
Successful candidates will have:
HOW TO APPLY
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required.
- Ability to select at established minimum rate for department.
- Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
- Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and UNFI INC will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.