122 Fountain Street
Job Number: 1800
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for The Dean Hotel. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: The Dean Hotel/LAZ Parking
JOB TITLE: Valet Attendant
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: 2nd Shift
- Park and retrieve cars for The Dean guests. This means carefully, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Greet all customers by name, take care of their needs, and develop a rapport with each person driving up to your stand.
- Help direct traffic to keep the flow of cars clean and organized, all with a smile on your face!
- Provide a self-reliant attitude when needed. Must be able to work with or without supervision.
- Promote awesome customer relations. Smile, go above and beyond, make them love LAZ Parking the moment they meet you.
Successful candidates will have:
- A good driver with a driving record to prove it. You don’ t speed, you’ re cautious – especially with other people’ s property. You can also drive a standard transmission.
- Good under pressure. You don’ t fold and get overwhelmed easily.
- Good at communicating and have the ability to speak, read, and comprehend English easily.
- A team player. You’ re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to drive a manual shift vehicle.
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and The Dean Hotel will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.