Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Unit Secretary
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
HOURS: Full Time, Part Time, All Shifts
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and expeditiously with unit, other hospital staff, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Recognizes consumer dissatisfaction and intervenes to correct, or refer to appropriate person.
- Identifies and reports unauthorized personnel.
- Answers the telephone in a timely and courteous manner. Receives, records, and communicates messages accurately.
- Enters and edits all patient information into computer, including height and weight, isolation status, patient type, patient activity, and charge entries.
- Practices in accordance with all Physician Order Management policies and procedures.
- Completes Medical Record Review Checklist daily and upon checklist.
- Follows up on status of purchase requisitions. Anticipates storeroom supply needs before evening and night shift.
- Provides management of automatically prepared reports including but not limited to, GENESIS, Glumeter, and rounds reports.
- Assists the nurse manager in monitoring maintenance of staff educational records and compliance with mandatory tests/training/certifications/ and annual health screenings such as PPD and fit testing.
- General filing, copying, faxing, other clerical and administrative support duties as requested.
- Computer skill level proficient to enter and maintain patient data and print required reports.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks expeditiously.
- Speaks, reads, and writes English clearly.
- Six months’ clerical experience in health care environment strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walks intermittently throughout the day.
- High School Diploma or GED required
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.