Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for the United States Postal Service. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: United States Postal Service (USPS)
JOB TITLE: Rural Carrier Associate
LOCATION: Rhode Island
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Loads mail in vehicle.
- Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside boxes.
- Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post; furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Prepares mail for forwarding amd maintains records of change of address information.
- Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
- Conducts special surveys when required.
- Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
- Provides for mail security at all times.
- Rural Carrier Associates are non-career employees who provide customers along a rural route a variety of services including delivering and collecting mail and selling stamps, supplies and money orders.
Successful candidates will have:
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
- Individuals who qualify and are selected under this standard will be required to complete prescribed training satisfactory to demonstrate, through testing and/or practical demonstration, possession of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) required for the job. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying. KSAs include Postal Service driving policies, safe driving practices, and skills associated with specific job duties.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
- Rural Carriers are required to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver' s license and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record. Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service' s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the United States Postal Service will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.