Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Care New England. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Care New England
JOB TITLE: Transport Aide
LOCATION: Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem
- Transport patients by wheelchair, stretcher or bed within the hospital. Assist nursing and other clinical personnel with the transfer of patients to/from transportation equipment. Assist patients into and out of automobiles using established procedure when discharging or transporting. Place equipment in vehicle as necessary. Transport deceased patients to the Hospital Morgue as required and ensuring that all corridors are clear of any obstruction.
- Deliver laboratory specimens, x-rays, lab reports, telephone requests, stockroom Requisitions and other miscellaneous items, patient belongings and reports necessary to support nursing unit.
- Demonstrates a high level of patient engagement through communicating with patients while transporting. Engages the patient to inform them what test is being performed. Engages the patient about their stay in the hospital overall.
- Move equipment on wheels such as hospital beds, carts, cardiac geriatric chairs and supplies as instructed; transport medical equipment to place of patient discharge. Wash and clean all nursing unit transport and medical equipment. Maintain area, equipment and supplies in a neat, orderly and safe condition. Alert appropriate personnel about any broken equipment or any maintenance needed.
- Assist in the training of new employees in day to day procedures observing and enforcing all hospital policies, rules and regulations.
- May be required to assist Hospitality associates with cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months job-related experience or equivalent is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs.
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Care New England will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.