600 East Greenwich Avenue
Job Number: 1738
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: Technical Support Specialist
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
Technical Support Specialists are responsible for providing technical phone support assistance in the daily operation and maintenance of our equipment. This includes, but is not limited to providing pre and post installation, warranty and service support to end users, channel partners and third party service providers.
- Answer, open, log and close customer technical and user support cases
- Troubleshoot/repair technical problems with the user’ s equipment via telephone assistance
- Assist in routing the user to the person best suited to help them (in non-service related calls)
- Visit customer sites for installation and/or provide operator/maintenance training
- Take periodic on-site service requests and effect equipment repairs
- Coordinate shipment of replacement/repaired or loaner units
- Deploy Software/Hardware solutions defined by project developers
- Complete assigned projects
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’ s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent 2-year degree
- Two years’ experience in electronics and/or experience in computer operation and assembly, or similar military technical training
- Ability to use technical diagnostic test equipment, digital volt-meter
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks and graphics programs
Additional Preferred Skills, Experience, and Certifications
- Experience in a technical field service and/or support role
- Computer science background or training
- Background in printing systems
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop for continuous periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Special Working Conditions / Travel Requirements
This position can require heavy travel typically occurring Monday through Friday. Field Technical Support Specialists are responsible for traveling to customer sites within their assigned region, and at times to Headquarters in Rhode Island. Technical Support Specialists based out of Headquarters are expected to travel to customer sites at times.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.