167 Point St
Job Number: 1781
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Team Environmental Services Aide
LOCATION: Miriam Hospital - Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time
The Team Lead Environmental Services assists the Supervisor and Operations Manager in maintaining a high quality standard by keeping him/her informed on the condition of all assigned areas and by training supervising and motivating the environmental services personnel to be sure all schedules are completed.
- Performs the duties of an ESD/Project worker as outlined in the job description
- Accepts responsibility for a limited area shift or task as assigned (duty list)
- Continuously checks assigned areas to be sure work is being done properly and that personal are following schedules (duty list)
- Reports any pertinent information to the Supervisor as it occurs
- Instills a service-minded approach to all tasks performed by ESD staff by demonstrating a personal enthusiasm and team spirit
- Motivates staff by communicating areas done well and areas needing improvement
- Retrains environmental service personnel as directed by the ESD management
- Recommends and observes staff coverage at all times by using personnel efficiently
- Inspects equipment daily to maintain it in clean condition and in good repair
- Maintains good public relations with all patients facility and staff personnel
- Assumes responsibility for work area in the absence of the Supervisor
- Assumes responsibility for the quality standard in his/her area
- Assists with training and orientation of new employees and provides functional guidelines on a day-to-day basis
- Assists with work-related problems counsels coaches may suspend employees for remainder of a shift in the absence of a supervisor
- Performs quality control inspections (room inspections competencies black light etc.)
- Performs patient interviews in designated areas
- Ensures that all employees perform duties in a safe and timely manner
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform the positions essential functions.
- Communication skills and language competency sufficient to provide instruction and training as described.
- Knowledge of department functions in order to assess user needs determine and set priorities evaluate effectiveness and recommend changes to policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computers.
- Must have a good driving record meet and maintain the appropriate and valid driver licenses in order to operate motor vehicles as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations in accordance with the Lifespan Fleet Risk Control Policy.
One to two years of leadership experience and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with departments in discussing needs and resolving problems and complaints and to coordinate and direct activities of small group of service personnel.
Environmental Transport and Laundry Services experience is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.