797 Westminster St. Providence, RI 02903
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Providence Public Schools Department. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Providence Public Schools Department
JOB TITLE: Teacher
LOCATION: Providence, RI
Providence Public Schools is now accepting applications for talented classroom teachers for the 2020-2021 school year. By submitting your application to this posting, you have the opportunity to participate in a pre-screening interview and to become a part of the district’s priority candidate pool.
Who We Are
The Providence Public School District (PPSD) serves approximately 24,000 students attending our 41 schools. PPSD employs more than 3,200 professionals who work in and provide support to our schools, which include 22 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, 10 high schools and 2 public district charter schools. Of our employees, approximately 2,000 are educators, and more than 600 others directly support students and families in our schools.
- Instructs students in academic subject matter as well as social, emotional, and behavioral skill areas
- Differentiates instruction by developing, selecting and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students
- Promotes a school atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of all students
- Monitors and evaluates student outcomes maintaining appropriate records and following all required procedures and practices
- Participates fully in a professional community including common planning, professional development, and self-reflection/evaluation
- Supervises students in a range of settings; protects and promotes the safety and well-being of students, colleagues, equipment, materials and facilities
- Communicates and interacts appropriately and professionally with students, colleagues, parents and the community
- Continuously develops and evolves teaching practice and supports colleagues in their development
- Supports the Principal, building leadership team, and district leadership team
- Supports and promotes the mission and vision of Providence Schools
Successful candidates will have:
- Fully-certified as described above in "RIDE requirements" (or willingness to become fully certified on an emergency basis)
- ESL certified preferred
- Understanding of and willingness to work within the framework of an Aligned Instruction System as described in Providence School Board policy NSBA/NEPN: IF (available at http://esb.ppsd.org)
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent technology skills including:
> Familiarity with communication, presentation, and management tools and applications in
> Willingness and ability to model information, communication, technology, and media literacy for students, colleagues, parents, and community
> Willingness and ability to continuously develop and evolve new skills and support colleagues in the development of their skills
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Providence Public Schools Department will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.