Supported Employment Coordinator (workABILITY) Job Description
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit workforce intermediary working to break down barriers to economic opportunity by connecting unemployed and underemployed Rhode Islanders to jobs with socially responsible, civic-minded employers through a proven demand-driven approach. SkillsRl's multi-faceted approach focuses on providing a continuum of career services to help those who face barriers to employment succeed in the workplace. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the heart of the SkillsRI model and we have proven to be incredibly effective at recruiting and placing individuals with barriers into employment.
Our Mission: Create demand-driven solutions for employers to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work.
Our Vision: Transforming lives through meaningful employment and economic mobility.
Our Values: Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Respect
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Supported Employment, the Supported Employment Coordinator will deliver qualified talent for SkillsRI partners throughout Rhode Island. The Supported Employment Coordinator will focus on customized employment opportunities, direct-hire supports, train-to-hire programs, and post-training placements and retention.
- Screen, interview, and assess candidates for customized employment, supported employment, job training programs, and other career advancement opportunities.
- Coordinate customized, direct hire, and job training service delivery with candidates, employment provider agency personnel (if applicable), and SkillsRI staff and partners.
- Develop and implement effective coaching strategies to help candidates address and overcome employment-related challenges.
- Maintain accurate, real-time, electronic documentation of candidate status to ensure high service levels and timely completion of deliverables.
- Serve as the primary point of contact, providing program information, career counseling, resume development, application assistance, and interview preparation support to program candidates.
- Work collaboratively across and within teams to create and modify training curricula aimed at addressing the needs of job seekers with disabilities.
- Identify barriers, accommodations, and supports candidates may need to successfully meet employer expectations or to participate in job training programs.
- Help candidates identify their strengths and advise them on how to use their strengths to secure employment or continue along a career path.
- Analyze the requirements of a potential job placement and ensure necessary accommodations are established prior to placement.
- Provide ongoing support to aid with retention and employment outcomes as needed.
- Provide regular updates to superiors regarding progress on program deliverables.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all candidate information.
- Passion for the mission of SkillsRI and enthusiasm for its success
- Comfort with - and enthusiasm for - working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Comfortable interpreting and producing data-based outcomes
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while accomplishing goals under tight time constraints
- Ability to communicate professionally across a broad range of constituent groups
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, customer service, empathy, and resilience
- Ambitious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Strong documentation skills, and able to make connections between similar problems
- Willingness to work hard, maintain a positive attitude, and overcome challenges
- Solution-oriented problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize according to business goals
- Conviction, integrity, honesty, and maturity in all situations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- C.E.S.P (Certified Employment Support Professional) or completion of
- ACRE-approved training program preferred
- Familiarity with CRM tools preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
Salary is commensurate with experience.
100% of individual health, dental, and vision insurance
401k employer contribution
Paid Time Off
15 paid holidays
The Supported Employment Coordinator (workABILITY) is a grant-funded position. While not expected, should there be a substantial reduction in funding or should funding cease, this position may be eliminated by SkillsRI.
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled