Supported Employment Coordinator Job Description
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit workforce intermediary working to break down barriers to economic opportunity by connecting unemployed and underemployed Rhode Islanders to jobs with socially responsible, civic-minded employers through a proven demand-driven approach. SkillsRl's multi-faceted approach focuses on providing a continuum of career services to help those who face barriers to employment succeed in the workplace. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the heart of the SkillsRI model and we have proven to be incredibly effective at recruiting and placing individuals with barriers into employment.
Our Mission: Create demand-driven solutions for employers to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work.
Our Vision: Transforming lives through meaningful employment and economic mobility.
Our Values: Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Respect
SkillsRI is looking for a full-time grant funded Supported Employment Coordinator to support workABILITY, SkillsRI’s disabilities hiring initiative. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Customized Employment, the Supported Employment Coordinator will deliver qualified talent for SkillsRI employer partners throughout Rhode Island. The Supported Employment Coordinator will focus on matching talent to customized employment opportunities, direct-hire opportunities that provide accommodations and support, train-to-hire programs, and post-training placements and retention.
This is a hybrid position that will require regular attendance at our physical location in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Screen, interview, and assess candidates for customized and supported employment, direct-hire with accommodations, job training programs, or other career advancement opportunities
- Serve as the primary point of contact, providing program information, career counseling, resume development, job search and application assistance, and interview preparation support to workABILITY candidates
- Identify barriers, accommodations, and supports candidates may need to successfully meet employer expectations or participate in job training programs
- Coordinate customized hiring, job placement activities, or job training serve delivery with candidates, employment support provided agency personnel (if applicable), or other community partners
- Develop and implement effective coaching strategies to assist candidates (and support personnel, if needed) in overcoming/addressing employment-related challenges
- Assist candidates (and support personnel, if needed) to identify their strengths and advise them on how to use their strengths to secure employment or continue along a career path
- Regularly review SkillsRI employment opportunities including Customized Employment through workABILITY
- Consistently monitor recruiter activity for matching and submission of workABILITY candidates
- Provide ongoing support to assist with retention and employment outcomes as needed
- Maintain accurate, real-time, electronic documentation of candidate statuses to ensure high service levels and timely completion of deliverables
- Provide regular updates to superiors regarding progress on program deliverables
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all candidate information
- Passion for the mission of SkillsRI and enthusiasm for its success
- Comfort with - and enthusiasm for - working in a data-driven and fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while accomplishing goals under tight time constraints
- Ability to communicate professionally across a broad range of constituent groups
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, customer service, empathy, and resilience
- Strong documentation skills, and able to make connections between similar problems
- Willingness to work hard, maintain a positive attitude, and overcome challenges
- Solution-oriented problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize according to business goals
- Conviction, integrity, honesty, and maturity in all situations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- C.E.S.P. (Certified Employment Support Professional) or completion of ACRE-approved training program preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
Salary is commensurate with experience.
100% of individual health, dental, and vision insurance
401k employer contribution
Paid Time Off
15 paid holidays
The Supported Employment Coordinator is a grant funded position. While not expected, should there be a substantial reduction in funding or should funding cease, this position may be eliminated by SkillsRI. Grant funded positions may be transitioned to permanent on the basis of funding and/or agency need.
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.
For more information on SkillsRI's workABILITY initiative, please visit www.skillsforri.com/workability.