797 Westminster St. Providence, RI 02903
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Providence Public School Department. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Providence Public School Department
JOB TITLE: Substitute Teacher
LOCATION: Providence, RI
The substitute teacher (per-diem; $100/day) will provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student.
- Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student.
- Supervise students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Communicate and interact with students and staff.
- Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
- Support and nurture the academic, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students.
- Be academic advocates for their students advising, mentoring and modeling appropriate habits of mind and deed use best practices in teaching.
- Create a personalized, rigorous, socially engaging school environment that will meet the needs of all students as they prepare for high school and beyond.
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives
- Instructs students individually and in groups using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students? varying needs and interests
- Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a positive learning environment in the classroom
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, email, Web applications, and industry-specific technology.
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to build positive relationships with people from diverse populations
- Commitment to the mission and vision of PPSD and the relevance of job functions to that mission and vision
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree or attainment of junior status as an undergraduate student.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Providence Public School Department will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.