797 Westminster St.
Job Number: 1841
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Providence Public Schools Department. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Providence Public Schools Department
JOB TITLE: Substitute Teacher
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Per-Diem FT/PT
- The substitute teacher (per-diem) will provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student.
- Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student.
- Supervise students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Communicate and interact with students and staff.
- Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
- Support and nurture the academic, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students.
- Be academic advocates for their students advising, mentoring and modeling appropriate habits of mind and deed use best practices in teaching.
- Create a personalized, rigorous, socially engaging school environment that will meet the needs of all students as they prepare for high school and beyond.
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives
- Instructs students individually and in groups using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students? varying needs and interests
- Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a positive learning environment in the classroom
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, email, Web applications, and industry-specific technology.
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to build positive relationships with people from diverse populations
- Must have the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced working and demanding environment
- Education: Associates Degree required
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Providence Public Schools Department will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.