797 Westminster St.
Job Number: 1720
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Providence Public Schools Department. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Providence Public Schools Department
JOB TITLE: Substitute Clerk
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Per-Diem FT/PT
- The General Clerk assists and supports the staff in all aspects of the department. The General Clerk will have complete knowledge of all policies and procedures as they pertain to schools, students, staff, administration and agencies.
- Maintain positive and professional staff and customer relationships
- Answer phones in a professional manner and direct calls to appropriate persons or take detailed messages
- Manage communication of information in and out of the office; prepare correspondence, emails, memos (paper and electronic)
- Support office staff, managers and administrators with general operational tasks; assist and perform general record keeping
- Plan and schedule meetings, presentations and other office related events; send reminders regarding upcoming events
- Other duties as required
Successful candidates will have:
- Must be a proficient typist
- Must be proficient, or willing to attain proficiency, in all of the necessary software applications used to maintain electronic records, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Platform, Lawson, Frontline Platform and Skyward
- Excellent customer service skills: Must have the knowledge and skills to build positive relationships with people from diverse populations
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completion
- Must have the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced working and demanding environment
- Education: Such as may have been gained through a high school diploma/GED;
- Experience: Such as may have been gained through previous experience working within a fast-paced office environment Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Providence Public Schools Department will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.