6 Providence Pl
Job Number: 1805
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Boscov’ s Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Boscov’ s
JOB TITLE: Stock/Material Handler
LOCATION: Providence RI
HOURS: FT & PT
- Load/unload trucks; move merchandise to and from departments manually r with forklifts, dollies, handtrucks or carts.
- Customer pick up assistance at the guard booth or within a selling department.
- Remove hangers and empty boxes from departments.
- Ensure an orderly and neatly maintained stock and receiving dock area (inside and out)
- Computer operation and paperwork, i.e. Rec-Doc’ s for merchandising arriving by UPS, RPS, FedEx, and trucking companies.
- Set-up special sale events and promotions, i.e. DYBT, the tent, auditorium sale.
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
Successful candidates will have:
- Position requires being in motion and on your feet 95% of your work schedule
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to adapt to changes in temperature and weather conditions
- Previous retail stocking experience is preferred.
- Communication; verbal and by telephone with coworkers, management and customers.
- Must work well with the public (customers).
- Available to work varied days and hours as work schedule requires, including evenings and weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Boscov’ s will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.