167 Point St
Job Number: 1826
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Stock Clerk
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
HOURS: PT/ Per Diem
- Under the general supervision but according to established policies and procedures receives verifies stores picks and maintains inventory of material supplies and/or equipment for distribution to Hospital departments.
- May unload bulk supplies from loading dock using hand and electric lift trucks.
Receives materials and verifies contents by reviewing against packing slips receiving slips purchase orders etc.
- Unpacks supplies and visually checks contents for damaged items. May break down bulk quantities into requisition sizes.
- Stores supplies in proper area and according to established systems with particular attention to items having specific storage (e.g. refrigeration) or security requirements.
- Responsible for cleaning and straightening the assigned stockroom area including stock rotation restocking shelves removing past expiration dated supply items on a daily basis and giving them to supervisors.
Successful candidates will have:
- A level of knowledge generally obtained through completion of a High School diploma may be required.
- Must be able to operate electric lift trucks pallet jacks and hand trucks.
- Clerical ability to maintain files.
- Interpersonal skills to exchange information with patient care and other service providers regarding their supply needs
- One to three months of related or on-the-job work experience is required to become familiar with terminology supplies and storage procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.