Providence Place Mall 1 Providence Place
Job Number: 1799
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for GAP. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: GAP
JOB TITLE: Stock Associate
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Part Time
As a Stock Associate at GAP, you act as a field representative and brand advocate. You are part of the store environment in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture.
Your role supports team focus on operational excellence, while also contributing, supporting, and executing the store vision and strategies. You embrace learning agility by demonstrating your desire to learn and change with a growth mindset by seeking new information, ideas, experiences, and self-awareness. You report directly to the General Manager and play a role in offering recommendations that support the overall health and success of the business.
- You consistently treat everyone with respect and contribute to a safe and positive work environment.
- You help to support the store to be operationally sound.
- Supports the execution of shipment and receiving processes to floor ready standards. Works with team to implement shipment processes that maximize store efficiencies.
- Execute sales floor replenishment is per company guidelines.
- Performs transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets, and online orders according to Merchandise Handling Manual. Executes on transfer protocol to maintain operational excellence.
- Support in the execution of all Omni initiatives on the store level; Online Orders (Ship from Store), Online Reservations (Reserve in Store). Meets or exceeds brand goals for these programs.
- Executes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports stock room compliance with all SCA (Store Compliance Audit) controls.
- Upholds all Loss Prevention policies as it relates to stock room standards; communicates violations to General Manager.
Successful candidates will have:
- As a Stock Associate, you model brand image and achieve priorities in store, with customer as the primary focus.
- You ensure consistent execution of marketing, visual standards and presentation to promote sales.
- You take daily direction from the Core leader and collaborate effectively with employees.
- You demonstrate a " can do" attitude, with drive and passion to be knowledgeable on product features and benefits, current initiatives, and business goals.
- Your previous experience has allowed you to develop your problem-solving, effective communication & relationship building skills.
- You have experience in a customer-facing role and thrive in customer centric environments.
- Your previous experience in retail is a plus.
- Availability to meet the current needs of the business inclusive of high traffic and peak sales volume days.
- Availability to support the duties assigned to the role.
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and GAP will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.