Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Epiq. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Epiq
JOB TITLE: Sr. Software Engineer
LOCATION: Providence, RI
This position is primarily responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Epiq Systems enterprise level software solutions, and providing leadership to other developers.
- Mentor less skilled developers to meet their potential
- Provide technical oversight to a team of developers
- Translate business requirements into intuitive software solutions
- Participate within an Agile (Scrum) development team
- Collaborate with fellow IT and software developers while building knowledge base
- Participate in technical design discussion and hands-on solution implementation
- Keep a critical eye on new design specifications and raise quality, performance or architectural concerns
- Mentor other developers with a constructive, results oriented approach
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- High energy, proactive and approachable personality who enjoy solving diverse problems
- Proven problem solving abilities and creative thinking
- At least 5 years of Software development experience with Java and C#
- Experience with CI/CD in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with architecting for the cloud
- Experience with the design and development of APIs
- Ability to positively interact with all members of development team
- Thorough understanding of object oriented development theory
- Self-starter capable of working on small teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with an RDBMS as a Software Developer; such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Knowledge of concurrent programming challenges: multi-threading, race conditions, deadlock, semaphores, etc.
- Familiarity with developing or working in a Windows environment (Visual Studio, TFS, VSTS)
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Client Focus - Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
Results Oriented - Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what he/she commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Epiq will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.