Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Epiq. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Epiq
JOB TITLE: Sr. Product Designer
LOCATION: Providence, RI
- Responsible for developing requirements and user interface designs and patterns informed and inspired by the needs of users (internal and external) with the goal of optimizing the customers’ experience with the use of the solution and delivering the intended value.
In general, the role will complete the following activities and/or deliverables:
- Product research such as competitive stakeholder interviews and surveys, heuristic evaluations, usability test etc.
- Personas, tasks analysis, customer journey maps, user flows, sitemaps
- Produce design concepts such as low fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes
- Contribute to UI elements and patterns to Epiq product style guide
- Provide user experience (UX) vision & perspective for the product line and oversee UX/UI execution, aligned with UX philosophy, customer experience goals, style guide, etc. across all business units.
- Facilitate client discussions to identify and create customer journey maps for driving user experience innovation and requirements. Create effective UI to present data, data trends, and insights in an intuitive end-user consumable format.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users and internal business teams to define the users‘ needs, wants, problems, concerns, etc. and interpret these into requirements and use cases to be used to design and develop the solution and its validation.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define user interaction and workflow models for research and product features
- Develop technical documentation and materials including: user interface specifications, wireframes, prototypes, UI standards, among others
- Manage and contribute to style guide
- Promote consistent visual design and interaction patterns by adhering to style guide standards.
- Adhere to quality standards and best practices for developing user experience materials by consulting with various teams as needed
- Consistently collaborate with the broader project, product and development teams to build the best solution or product possible for our users
- Serves as a conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Collaborate with the technical and product teams and other subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with user experience and User Centered Design concepts and methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic company environment and extremely tight timelines
- Ability to work independently with limited direction or as part of a team
- Knowledge of and experience with usability research and testing methods.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile /Scrum development methodologies
- Experience with UX for analytics-based products a plus
- Strength in graphic design
- Intermediate to advanced skills in core design and prototyping software: InVision and Sketch
- Skilled in additional software a plus: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Balsamiq, Visio, Omnigraffle, among others.
Experience delivering digital product
Experience working with/contributing to a product style guide or component library
Experience with analytics based products and enterprise applications
Experience with HTML, CSS (SCSS/SASS or similar language is a plus) and basic JS/jQuery
Passion for transforming large amounts of data into useful information for users
Integrity- Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Client Focus- Takes action with the clients, both internal and external, and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
Results Driven- Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Entrepreneurial Orientation- Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness- Makes well-informed, effective and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; has the ability to make tough decisions.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Epiq will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.