Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Silgan Dispensing. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Silgan Dispensing
JOB TITLE: Sr. Operator
LOCATION: Slatersville, RI
HOURS: 2nd and 3rd Shift positions available
This position is responsible for monitoring production runs through molding, assembly and lining machines, checking quality, monitoring the equipment and maintaining a clean work area. Operate and monitor granulators and presses ensuring the product is manufactured in accordance with schedules and deadlines.
- Attending up to five presses, two assembly machines and two lining machines depending on production schedules and manufacturing requirements.
- Check all molded product hourly for any defects.
- Report defects to Team Leader/Quality Processor for correction and problem solving.
- Change lining rolls as needed.
- Clean track, bowls, conveyors, and upright conveyor as necessary.
- Hy-grade product for defects and perform hourly quality checks.
- Performs quality validations a minimum of once per shift and logs any issue in the machine logbook.
- Monitor hourly production, abnormalities and OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- Verify box weights a minimum of once per shift.
- Make boxes, complete labels, label boxes, build finished goods skids and ensure rejected and accepted product is labeled and separated.
- Inventory tracking utilizing RF scanners.
- Responsible for cleaning area ensuring a safe work environment.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, keeping walkways and aisles clear.
- Performs general housekeeping duties such as sweeping and trash removal.
- When work in primary classification is not available, may perform other duties according to skill and availability.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years machine operating experience preferably in high speed assembly and injection molding machines.
- Ability to take instruction both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Silgan Dispensing will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.