27 John Clarke Rd # 2
Job Number: 1432
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Raytheon. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Raytheon
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer I
LOCATION: Portsmouth, RI
HOURS: Full Time
The Integrated Sensor and Systems Software Department mission is to provide world class software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms. These positions on a variety of software development teams which support the integration of the AN/SPY-6 radar, mine hunting programs, surface ship and submarine command and control systems, as well as internal research programs focused on the latest technologies. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the software applications, and supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our software applications are developed primarily using C++ and Java programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. There will be travel opportunities to sites across the country to support system integration activities.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related engineering/science discipline required
- 1+ years’ experience on all phases of Software Engineering including 1+ year experience with C++ or Java and 1+ years Linux or UNIX experience required
- Experience developing software in a team-based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM required
- Strong verbal communication required
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Existing secret clearance preferred
- Broad real-time software development experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration preferred
- Software development experience in a DoD environment preferred
- Radar domain knowledge preferred
- Sonar domain knowledge preferred
- Strong problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools preferred: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML preferred
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Raytheon will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.