167 Point St
Industry: Health & Human Services
Job Number: 1356
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Social Worker
LOCATION: Providence, East Providence, and Newport
Reporting to the Social Work Manager, the Social Worker LSW evaluates, diagnoses and treats a wide range of psychosocial problems, applying individual clinical social work skills in order to assist patients and their families in the resolution of personal and environmental problems, attributable to mental or physical illness, which prevents them from achieving their highest level of psychosocial functioning. The Social Worker assigned to the impatient units will be an active participant in the co management model along with the unit leadership in supporting the patient flow initiative. Adheres to social Work professional standards of practice based on NASW Code of Ethics.
- Provides consultation regarding patient’ s background, psychosocial functioning and needs to medical and support staff, in order to assist in planning a comprehensive care program for the patient in order to increase treatment compliance and care coordination with the aim at providing excellent patient experience and increased satisfaction in care.
- Develops treatment plans and initiates clinical intervention, utilizing individual and group treatment modalities, and analyzes course and result of treatment to maximize health status and increase health care decision making. In accordance with departmental standards regarding frequency and content, documents social work activity in patients’ medical records.
- Participates as a team member in conferences (collaborative care rounds) concerning patients with other care personnel and community agencies to improve care coordination and moving patients safely into their communities and less restrictive settings.
- Provide education to assist patients and families in understanding, accepting and following medical and social work recommendations designed to restore the patient to optimum functioning within their capacity.
- Assesses patient and family advocacy needs, and coordinates appropriate advocacy activities within the hospital and in the community with an emphasis on self-determination for the client system with the aim at improving social supports and community resources.
- Provides field placement supervision and evaluation for BSW and/or MSW degree candidates as part of the Department of Clinical Social Work Student program (must have LICSW, or, at least 5 years of demonstrated experience and knowledge in service area).
- Completes case related statistics and other reports according to departmental standards.
- Participates in hospital wide, departmental and community studies, projects, and trainings with the aim at educating the community and hospital staff on the physiosocial issues related to illness and identifying barriers in service delivery systems. As relevant to clinical assignment, remains current on available community resources, and accesses them as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- Master’ s Degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school of Social Work and a current license from State of RI, Board of Social Work Licensure.
- Minimum requirement for licensure is Licensed Clinical Social Work level (LCSW). When Social Worker is eligible (two years or 2000 hours of post masters supervised practice) it is mandatory that they obtain Licensed Independent Clinical Social Work (LICSW.) status.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Between six months and one year of clinical experience preferably in a health or mental health setting with an emphasis on populations to be served in the assigned area.
- Training and experience necessary to address the specific needs of the patients served in assigned areas of responsibility; this includes issues relating to age and stage of development and the particular special needs and cultural patterns of the patient populations being served.
- Analytical and therapy skills necessary to evaluate patients, develop treatment plans, initiate therapy, and evaluate results.
- Ability to effectively interact with patients, families, medical staff and outside agencies in providing services.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.