Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Shipper/Material Handler
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 1st Shift
A shipper is responsible for picking, packing, and shipping domestic and international orders.
- Picks items on sales orders
- Selects shipping container and proper packaging for the shipment
- Re-checks order before packaging
- Red lines any unavailable items to complete shipment
- Packages order for shipment
- Separates and distributes orders to various departments on an as needed basis
- Operates a UPS Maxiship and Federal Express Powership computer system
- Picks packs and weighs orders requiring delivery charges to determine shipping costs
- Preparing international shipping documents
- Coordinates changes to sales orders with CSG
- Hours are 8: 30-5: 00PM; this is a requirement of the job
- Effectively presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Makes additions and withdrawals to physical inventory
-Can operate handcart and forklift if necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One year minimum related experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
- Ability to perform job duties using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Experience with UPS Maxiship and Federal Express Powership Computer systems preferred
- Experience with inventory controls and storage preferred
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and on occasion up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.