Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Electric Boat. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Shipfitter
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift available
A Shipfitter is required to interpret construction drawings with basic mathematic ability.
- Layout, fabrication, assembly and installation of foundations, structures, bulkheads, frames, components and deck packages
- Will need to develop a working knowledge of structural weld joint fit-up/weld symbols, burning and grinding operations
- Will be required to align parts in relation to each other using jacks, clips and wedges through use of blueprints and templates
- Tack-weld structural parts as required
- Must be able to read and interpret written policies, procedures and guidelines as work assignments will be accomplished using company drawings, test documents, technical manuals, and shipyard procedures
- Work conditions may include entry in restricted/confined spaces
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous Shipfitting/metal fabrication or carpentry experience or training
- Must be available to work all shifts
- Must be available to work at heights, confined spaces and extreme temperature conditions as required
- Applicant must be able to interpret technical manuals, shipyard procedures, test documents, blueprints, diagrams, and perform basic layout functions
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Previous experience working in the construction industry or a manufacturing environment
- Previous metal fabrication experience and military shipbuilding experience
- High school diploma/GED; additional preference given for Vocational, Technical and Community Colleges or Apprentice programs
- Military/Navy experience
- Must possess basic mathematical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicant will be required to work in a collaborative and team environment and meet organizational goals
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.