Job Number: 1606
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Raytheon. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Raytheon
JOB TITLE: Senior Principal Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Aquidneck Island, Rhode Island
HOURS: Full Time
- Contribute to multi-disciplinary teams responsible for system safety, software safety, occupational safety and health, hazard management and environmental compliance for major development programs, as well as acting as a system safety technical expert across multiple programs
- Influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability, safe and economical ownership by the customer and end user
- Provides Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Reliability Availability Maintainability Analysis Engineering (RAM), Safety Engineering, Provisioning Technical Documentation/Logistics Management Information Engineering, and Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Engineering capabilities to the Whole Life Engineering and Support department, with objective is to oversee all front-end reliability task/responsibilities as well as assessing RAM performance for verification or continuous development purposes
Successful candidates will have:
- Ten (10)+ years of experience related to this job description
- Experience with and knowledge of military system safety standards.
- Experience in the development and leadership of large multi-disciplinary technical teams
- BS/BA in an engineering or scientific/technical discipline (STEM). 8 years of applicable experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA
- U.S. Citizenship to obtain DOD Secret security clearance
- Experience with and knowledge of military system safety standards, including MIL-STD-882.
- Experience with environmental compliance standards and regulations applicable to military weapon systems
- Experience with occupational safety and health compliance standards and regulations applicable to both commercial systems and military weapon systems
- Effective writing, public speaking and presentation skills
- Exposure to software safety standards, such as STANAG 4404 and the Joint Services Software Safety Committee Software System Safety Handbook
- Experience with the U. S. Navy Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB)
- Experience in Safety Fault Tree, Mission Thread Analysis, and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
- Experience with Nationally Recognized Test Laboratory (NRTL) testing and certification requirements
- Experience with the System Software Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP) and Fuze and Initiation System Technical Review Panel (FISTRP)
- Experience in Hazard Tracking databases, and hazardous materials identification and management
- Experience with Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements [management] System (DOORS)
- Experience with human systems integration, including MIL-STD-1472 and MIL-STD-1474
- Willingness and ability to travel among company facilities in MA and RI, and some limited travel within the USA
- Contractual bidding process experience with military customers
- Advanced degrees in business or engineering a plus
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Raytheon will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.