Job Number: 1187
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Raytheon. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Raytheon
JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanical Engineer
LOCATION: Portsmouth, RI
- Lead detailed design, documentation fabrication, assembly and test high reliability electronic systems for various military and Government applications
- Perform design opportunities that include electronic enclosures and the packaging of custom and Commercial Off The Shelf (OTS) electronics within those enclosures
- Perform integration of COTS electronics into defense enclosures
• U.S. Citizen status in order to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
• Candidate must have BS in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering or other relevant degree in engineering, MS is preferred.
• Must have minimum of 6 years of experience in mechanical design, documentation and/or fabrication of undersea systems and/or complex military electronic systems
• Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting
• Experience with configuration management systems
• Experience with 3-D modeling software
• Task leadership is required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in mechanical design and electronics packaging in extreme sub-sea environments and knowledge of design for long term submergences, sealing and corrosion resistance
• Experience on DoD programs
• Prior military (a plus)
• Experience with PTC CREO and PDM
• Experience with analysis software
• Experience with GD&T
• Experience with COTs hardware selection and integration
• Experience managing programs using EVMS (Earned Value Management System)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Raytheon will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.