Job Number: 1124
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Raytheon. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Raytheon
JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanical Engineer
LOCATION: Aquidneck Island
HOURS: Full Time
- Packaging electronic equipment in undersea applications and have demonstrated success at designing to meet the physical and environmental challenges associated with an underwater ocean environment.
- Specific knowledge of sealing techniques, material selection for corrosion performance, pressure housing design, undersea structures, and undersea cabling is preferred.
- Candidate should have solid technical and analysis skills, and shall be capable of concept development based upon applying principles of mechanical engineering analysis.
- Mechanical design, preferably in design/development of undersea systems such as mine hunting systems, mine neutralization systems, undersea vehicles and undersea sensors.
- Production support engineer supporting fabrication, assembly and test of high reliability electronic systems.
Successful candidates will have:
- Must have minimum of 6 years of experience in mechanical design, documentation and/or fabrication of undersea systems and/or complex military electronic systems.
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with configuration management systems.
- Experience with 3-D modeling software.
- US citizenship is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering required or other relevant degree in engineering, MS is preferred.
- Experience in the specification, design, development, production and testing of undersea sensors, systems and launch/recovery systems for both shipboard and undersea applications.
- Experience in mechanical design and electronics packaging in extreme sub-sea environments and knowledge of design for long term submergence, sealing, and corrosion resistance.
- Experience on DoD programs
- Experience with PTC CREO and PDM
- Experience with analysis software
- Experience with GD&T
- Experience with COTs hardware selection and integration
- Experience managing programs using EVMS (Earned Value Management System).
- Task Leadership Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Raytheon will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.