Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Blount Fine Foods. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Blount Fine Foods
JOB TITLE: Sanitation Supervisor
LOCATION: Warren, RI
HOURS: 3rd Shift
Supervises and coordinates activities of sanitation team members in a food processing facility. This position reports to the Sanitation Division Manager.
- Cleans and inspects all process equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards in an efficient manner.
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas, including periodic checks of CIP equipment that does not get broken down daily, to check for effectiveness of cleaning.
- Works closely with chemical consultant in reviewing chemical usage and operating procedures as well as keeping abreast of new technology.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Maintains and keeps updated all chemical cleaning procedures.
- Maintains a Master Cleaning schedule to address non-routine cleaning duties.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance and Production management regarding any sanitation concerns.
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and effectiveness of process.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies. Routes reports to designated plant personnel.
- Directly supervises a sanitation team of approximately 24 staff
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training permanent and temporary employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Successful candidates will have:
5-10 years of related experience with process equipment sanitation in a supervisor role.
Including exposure to all requirements of Microbial control and chemical and workforce safety.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Blount Fine Foods will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.