Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Room Service Host
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full and Part-Time Available
- Responsible for communicating with patients to obtain meal selection
- Responsible for communicating with nursing units and kitchen staff
- Communicates with the dietitian or dietetic technician when patient food/beverage/supplement intake is poor.
- Identifies safety hazards in the department and reacts to eliminate hazards quickly.
- Deliver patient meals, nourishments and snacks
- Pick up trays
- Maintain clean and sanitary work environment
- Monitor refrigeration temps
- Supply ordering
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to read and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals and the ability to compute percentages.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Strong basic computer skills.
- At least one-year previous food service or customer service experience is required.
- CBORD experience preferred.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Mostly standing/walking with other movement such as repetitive motions reaching pulling and pushing may be required.
- Speech sight and hearing to effectively communicate by varied means including but not limited to telephone in person and fax.
- Physical ability to lift to 35 lbs.
- Exposure to patient environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.