122 Fountain Street
Job Number: 1740
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for The Dean Hotel. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: The Dean Hotel
JOB TITLE: Room Attendant
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 1st Shift
The room attendant performs tasks of cleaning and organizing guest rooms, bathrooms and public areas. Room attendants at The Dean are committed to helping in providing guests a positive stay by ensuring that their guest rooms are well taken care of, in good condition and clean. A room attendant should also be able to display a polite, helping and available conduct towards guest, always providing assistance or information to guests as possible.
- Cleaning and servicing all guest rooms, removing soiled linen and trash, following company standards for these tasks
- Making up rooms following standard operating procedures and according to management and/or guest requests
- Cleaning public areas and back-of-house, as requested
- Keeping housekeeping closets and office areas well organized and free of clutter
- Use amenities and cleaning products in a controlled and safe way
- Assist guests with requests whenever possible
- Respect guest privacy and security at all times
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous housekeeping experience desirable
- Must be able to perform well while working with little or no supervision
- Work hours will spread over weekdays, weekends and holidays, which requires flexibility
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and work on feet for extended periods of time.
- Requires grasping, writing, typing / keying, extended periods of standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, and visual acuity
- Strongly committed to complying and following security, safety and privacy regulations
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and The Dean Hotel will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.