Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for AAA Northeast. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AAA Northeast
JOB TITLE: RI Road Service Dispatcher
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full-Time; 3rd Shift
- Receive road service request information from Member Service Counselors and dispatches calls to facilities using a variety of communication channels (e.g., radio, telephone, digital/computer data link, fax, pager). Relays all pertinent data to drivers (member situation, vehicle problem, location, etc.).
- Prioritize calls based on various criteria (safety, weather, traffic, etc.) and ensures that police and other emergency calls are handled within established time frames.
- Make optimal use of available resources to ensure that calls are completed within estimated time of arrival (ETA), that resources are efficiently deployed and routed, and that correct equipment is dispatched to meet members' needs.
- Monitor computer screens to maintain continual awareness of overall status of resource availability and current deployment, and reallocates resources as needed to meet changing needs for service.
- Personally notify member when service will be delayed (or initiates action for another function to do so).
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 Years Call Center Experience
- Excellent customer service, computer and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems, multitask and identify alternatives
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and the AAA Northeast will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS RI
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills RI’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills RI has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.