Quonset Point Facility
Job Number: 1369
COMPANY NAME: General Dynamics Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Rigger
LOCATION (S): North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full-Time; 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift
Riggers participate in all indoor & outdoor lifting, handling and moving of heavy loads at the facility
- Riggers will be required to use typical rigging equipment that includes but is not limited to straps, cables, chains, slings, block and tackle, pulleys, and booms
- Riggers will work with mobile cranes with a capacity of up to 120 ton and overhead cranes (radio control and pendent control) with a capacity of up to 60 ton. Riggers will eventually become trained and qualified to operate overhead cranes and forklifts along with types of handling gear.
- This position requires the use of hand signals to communicate with mobile crane operators to ensure all lifting and handling functions are completed properly and safely
- Candidates will be required to work at heights, confined spaces, inclement weather and support extended hours and overtime as business needs dictate
This position is located at the North Kingstown, RI location.
- Previous rigging or related lifting & handling experience is required
- Candidates must possess a valid driver' s license
- Must be able to work all shifts and to support overtime
- Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and in extreme temperature conditions as required
- Must be able to read, interpret, and work from blueprints
- Must be able to read, interpret, and work from policies and procedures
- CDL license is highly desired
- Experience in Mobile Crane and/or overhead crane operation is preferred
- Experience operating Crawler Crane preferred
- Understanding of basic crane hand signals is preferred
- Previous experience working in the construction industry or a manufacturing environment is desired
- Military/Navy experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED preferred; additional preference given for Vocational, Technical and Community Colleges or Apprentice programs
Applicants must apply for a DOD Security Clearance as a condition of employment. They must be able to obtain and maintain a final secret clearance to remain in that position.
- Must possess basic mathematical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong written communication skills for documentation and reporting purposes
- This position also requires work to be performed on ships, barges as well as indoors and outdoors
- Applicant will be required to work in a collaborative and team environment and meet organizational goals
- Applicant must be able to interpret technical manuals, shipyard procedures, test documents, blueprints, diagrams, and perform basic layout functions
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools
- Occasional business travel may be required
Climbing, Crawling, Heavy Lifting, Kneeling, Light Lifting, Medium Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Stooping, Twisting
Acids or Alkalis, Cold, Dry, Dusty, Fumes, Hot, Inside, Noise, Oily, Outside, Wet
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.