110 Elm St
Industry: Healthcare Services/Human Services
Job Number: 3530
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Brown Urology. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Brown Urology
JOB TITLE: Revenue Cycle Specialist II
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: 1st Shift
Under the general direction of the Manager of Revenue Cycle, performs a variety of functions related to patient accounts to ensure the financial stability of the organization.
Successful candidates will have:
- Maintain current knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding medical billing practices.
- Act as a resource to practice management and providers.
- Maintain knowledge of all applications including eClinical Works, Epic, Microsoft Word, Excel and on-line payer verifications/claims status.
- Submissions of claims to third party payers; ensure clean claim rates with submissions.
- Identify trends within the Accounts Receivable
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions, or exclusions.
- Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
- Refund processing for third party payors and patients.
- Research and analyze payments for discrepancies to companies and individuals.
- Accurately post all insurance and patient payments. Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
- Make necessary arrangements for medical records requests, completion of additional information requests, etc. as requested by insurance companies.
- Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- High school diploma, GED
- One to two years of progressively more responsible third-party payor billing.
- A technical understanding of reimbursement policies and procedures of various third-party payor and medical assistance programs to ensure billing procedures are compliant.
- Interpersonal skills to exchange information with patients, internal and external clients.
- Understand the basic reporting and balancing.
- Analytical ability to research and resolve billing problems, trending and to prepare statistical reports depicting billing activity.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Provide feedback to Brown Urology practices surrounding error trends with demographics, eligibility, and etc.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Brown Urology will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.