Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Providence Marriott Hotel. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Providence Marriott Hotel
JOB TITLE: Restaurant Server
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Multiple Shifts Available
- Effectively promote and sell the Bluefin menu and provide an outstanding service to hotel guests
- Greet guests upon arrival and make them feel welcome
- Accurately take all food and beverage orders
- Speak in front of groups ( i.e. describing specials)
- Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices of the menu
- Prepare the guest check accurately and present it to the guest following standard handling procedures
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- One year server experience in a high volume or fine dining restaurant or dining facility
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Professional and friendly hospitality skills
- Practice food safe handling procedures
- Knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages
- TIPS Trainable
- Ability to multi-task and organize multiple orders, thoughts, and tasks within the same given time.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Providence Marriott Hotel will make the final hiring decisions.