Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Residential Care Counselor
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
HOURS: 2nd & 3rd Shift, Full Time & Per Diem
- Maximize residents’ success, satisfaction, and ownership in their living & working environment through effective skills-trainings & relationship building.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and therapeutic environment within the residential program
- Provide client driven services that ensure quality & excellence in client care
- Facilitate ADL skill-building for residential living & for community integration by supervising & teaching clients daily medication routines, budgeting, self-preservation skills, transportation, etc…
- Participate on a multi-disciplinary team in the development & implementation of client treatment plans & progress reviews
- Provide, coordinate, and monitor treatment services for all assigned clients
- Provide shift coverage, including carrying out the many functions of household maintenance, especially cleaning & meal preparation
- Assist in resolution of medical, psychiatric, and behavioral crises, conflict resolution, and symptom management
- Schedule & facilitate treatment plan meetings
- Screen for substance abuse & provide assessments with indicated treatment planning counseling/education and referral
Successful candidates will have:
- Associates Degree in Human Services, or a prior work experience in the mental health field
- Ability to work established shifts, as well as alternate weekends & holidays
- Ability to perform routine household chores, involving some lifting & bending
- Ability to obtain & maintain CPR certification & first aid training
- Valid driver’s license & insured vehicle
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.