Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
LOCATION: Multiple locations in the state of RI
HOURS: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift available, part time and full time schedules available.
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager (or designee) and within hospital and departmental policies and procedures the professional registered nurse acts as a patient advocate in the application of the nursing process. All essential functions performed in this position reflect the age specific needs of the patients.
- Recognizes and reports deviations from patient or established norms. Identifies deviations from established norms not related to chief patient’ s complaints. Reports patient’ s responses to treatment(s) and documents nursing interventions.
- Provides basic comfort and support according to patient needs. Fosters patient(s) and family participation in achieving optimum level of patient’ s functioning and performing activities of daily living. Sets priorities in individual patient’ s assignments. Seeks guidance and resources when necessary in management of patient care.
- Identifies and assesses emergency situations. Initiates appropriate response and intervention. Plans for potential needs during emergency situations.
- Defines nursing diagnosis and expected patient’ s outcomes. May modify nursing plan of care based on diagnosis and/or outcomes. Documents on appropriate nursing assessment forms.
- Implements nursing interventions and evaluates based on patient’ s outcomes. Modifies plan or care accordingly including documentation.
- The Registered Nurse maintains knowledge of contemporary professional nursing practice within the legal framework of the Rhode Island Nurse Practice Act. Attends training and retraining as needed to maintain current knowledge of hospital and patient’ s care practices and procedures.
- Utilizes established protocols and collaborates with the health team to facilitate therapeutic interventions and attainment of desired patient outcomes.
- Participates in quality improvement processes and risk management activities. Attends unit-based or hospital meetings to facilitate patient care management.
- Functions in a cooperative and productive manner in the work environment.
- Integrates complete physical assessment with nursing assessment and records reviews in developing a comprehensive and individualized plan of care.
- Follows all documentation guidelines per policy and procedure.
- Maintains quality assurance safety environmental and infection control in accordance with established hospital department policies procedures and objectives. Maintains safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Demonstrates self-direction in maintaining and advancing clinical and professional competency.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span with consideration of aging processes human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Provides functional guidance and direction to LPNs CNAs and other licensed personnel as required.
- May assume shift charge responsibility on an assigned unit. Responsibility includes maintaining an overview of unit activities and delegating work responsibilities with equitable assignments. Makes bed and patient assignments and assigns primary patients to staff.
Successful candidates will have:
- Graduate of a school of nursing Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred with current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Rhode.
- Conformity to the Code of Professional Nurses.
- Understanding of the provisions of the Nurse Practice Act of the state of Rhode Island.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span with consideration of aging processes human development stages and sensitivity to cultural diversity in each step of the care process.
- Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation upon hire.
- Registered nurses should develop general proficiency as a staff nurse within three months of employment.
- For specialty units general nursing experience appropriate to the specialty is preferred.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Exposed to all patient elements.
- May be required to lift/turn patients and equipment.
- Repeated bending squatting stooping.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.