320 Commerce Park Road
Job Number: 1789
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Taylor Farms. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Taylor Farms
JOB TITLE: Receiving Supervisor
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
Through training and leadership, the Receiving Supervisor will be responsible for leading a Receiving Department that efficiently manages all raw material utilized by the processing facility.
- The Receiving Supervisor ensures proper training of all employees regarding GMPs, safety, quality and other company procedures and programs.
- You will ensure staff follows proper receiving procedures including: date stamping, temperature checks and storage of all products according to established safe food handling procedures, and proper rotation and storage of all purchased products according to established safe food handling procedures.
- You will coordinate the operational activities of the Receiving Department in accordance with company standards through effective communication with peers.
- Manage a safe working environment for all Taylor Farms employees as well as outside vendors delivering product.
- Maintain accurate accounting a strict procedure to assure the proper receipt of all raw materials.
- Manage the storage and accurate inventory of all raw materials.
- Manage a positive working relationship with peers and other departments.
- Manage the proper weight scale and proper handling of all received material.
- Develop a well-trained team of receivers and QA Inspectors.
- Be an effective communicator to the Procurement Team in all issues that effect raw material sourcing.
- Manage all department equipment, forklifts, vacuum tubes, scale etc.
- Create and manage seasonal receiving budget.
- Maintain and manage all raw material specifications.
- Develop creative solutions to the daily challenges that affect our business and our product quality.
- Be a leader.
- Additional duties as required
Successful candidates will have:
- 7 years’ experience in a produce packing facility or a degree in agriculture related field
- Strong desire to learn
- Bilingual Spanish/ English strongly desired
- Creative problem solver
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Taylor Farms will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.