15 Gray lane
Job Number: 1807
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Hitachi Cable America. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Hitachi Cable America
JOB TITLE: Quality Control Inspector
LOCATION: Ashaway, RI
HOURS: 3rd shift
The QC Inspector position is responsible for examining products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Utilize equipment such as rulers, calipers, gauges, vision scopes, etc. to inspect, test or measure product to ensure specification compliance.
- Generate spreadsheets to report inspection and test data.
- Accept or reject finished items, initiated non-conforming material reports as needed.
- Discuss inspection results with appropriate parties such as QC supervisor, production operators and members of the management team.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to understand specific directions, follow guidelines that are common throughout the department.
- Maintain a constant focus on quality and accuracy.
- Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out instructions.
- Work with moderate supervision.
- High School diploma/GED
- Manufacturing or inspection experience a plus
- Experience reading blueprints
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Hitachi Cable America will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.