Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Inspector I
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
- Perform all variable and attribute inspections on product based on sampling plan and document findings
- Interpret basic EFD blueprint dimensions/notes specific to the parts being inspected
- Package, weigh and label product and record amounts accepted and rejected
- Perform Measurements properly using luer gages, go/no go pins, digital calipers, optical comparators, tensile tester and other equipment
- Conduct functional testing
- Properly Care for measuring and test equipment.
- Determine acceptability of product utilizing EFD workmanship standards and related procedures
- Disposition product as approved or rejected
- Sort and rework as needed
- Perform all other duties as required
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Prior QA experience preferred
Lab/Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must remain standing during working hours and have the ability to lift up to 30lbs. Must wear safety glasses, gloves, hair net and lab coat. The employee is regularly required to use hands to perform inspections. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception. Magnification is used during the inspection process. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.