Skills for Rhode Island’s Future
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit organization that identifies companies’ immediate hiring needs and connects them with qualified, unemployed or underemployed job seekers and/or the resources necessary to fund training programs to equip job seekers with the skills to fill those positions. Launched in 2016, SkillsRI has placed nearly 3,000 unemployed or underemployed job seekers into employment through strong partnerships with over 100 committed, local employers.
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.
The Project Manager is a member of the Strategy & Development department and is responsible for developing and directing the strategic planning of projects and events across the organization, coordinating the resources and personnel required to successfully execute them.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage the execution of various agency initiatives, including new program rollouts, internal and external events, and cross-department deliverables.
- Manage the distribution and allocation of resources and setting of deadlines to ensure all initiatives are executed with little disruption and maximum efficiency.
- Lead or assist in the definition of project scope, objectives and budgets, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress; identify appropriate measurement tools to analyze short- and long-term goals
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques; report and escalate issues to management as needed
- Delegate project tasks based on individual project team strengths, skills sets and experience levels; utilize Microsoft Project Planner and Lucid Charts
- Identify, document and drive proactive efforts to promote efficiency across departments and optimize core processes across the agency; create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation including workflows and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Work cross-functionally with the Client Services, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Development & Education departments to ensure deliverables and goals are met and align with each department.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Support the leadership team as needed by developing process documents related to high-priority initiatives or new program pitches.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Work closely with cross-department project managers to regularly communicate and share information regarding various projects within the agency; ensure efforts are aligned and not duplicated.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organization and time management skills and attention to detail
- Agile project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project management certification strongly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Passion for SkillsRI’s mission and vision of transforming lives through meaningful employment and economic mobility.