Skills for Rhode Island's Future (Skills RI) is recruiting two (2) Contract employees to perform Process/Project management work in the area of marine port infrastructure. The contract length is expected to be 3-4 years.
Please read more about Skills RI at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Company Confidential
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Providence, Washington County and possibly Newport County
The Special Port Projects Coordinator will assist with administering and managing construction projects at the state’s marine ports. The supervisor for the Special Port Projects Coordinator will provide general direction. There will be the opportunity for the use of independent judgment and technical decision making of moderate difficulty. Work is reviewed through the examination of reports, through collaboration, and via conferences and meetings. While the work is typically administrative, the work environment includes field visits in all weather conditions including heat, cold, precipitation, and marine surf. Work is typically land-based although occasionally it may be appropriate to utilize watercraft to successfully monitor work or observe certain conditions.
- Heavy emphasis on process management, organizational skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, and collaborative personality.
- Responsible for the oversight of the construction activities relating to the Special Port projects.
- Responsible for various procurement functions involving reviewing requests for materials, equipment and supplies, the preparation of purchase requisitions, and maintaining records of appropriations and expenditures.
- Coordinate the design-build solicitations and products, specifications, plans, and construction.
- Review and provide financial and programmatic updates on a monthly basis, or as directed, on project schedules including percent of work completed, and percent of budget expended.
- Supervise contract construction involving water and wastewater infrastructure, operations buildings (administration, services), secondary roads and parking areas, bulkhead/piers/docks, and marine service infrastructure (water, electric).
- Support all elements of the projects & other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Excellent communication and process/project management skills to track and report on progress, and coordinate with vendors, permitting authorities, staff, and lessees/users of the active commercial fishing port.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with state employees, contractors, and supervisors.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and move unassisted in uneven terrain including floating docks, ladders, and small watercraft.
- The ideal candidate would have some experience with construction management employment or similar.
- The ability to read and interpret a variety of plans and specifications.
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Ambition, discipline, resilience, and a student mentality.
- The position will be based in offices located in Providence, RI although approximately 30% of the time may be spent on site in a Port in southern RI and/or other marine ports in RI.
- State vehicle available for use, or personal vehicle with local mileage reimbursement.
- Work is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Up to 2 days/week may be available for remote work.
- Collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Free parking at the office is available.
- This position does not supervise staff.
- Background check required.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Company Confidential will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seekers back to work.