Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Toray Plastics. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Toray Plastics
JOB TITLE: Production Support Technician
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Days: 8am - 8pm, Nights: 8pm - 8am, Non-rotating shift
The Production Support Technician is responsible for providing safe and efficient operational support in their assigned production process. This includes assisting in machine turnarounds and setups, documentation, organization and housekeeping around the machines or equipment.
- Provide support to production processes by assisting in equipment setups and/or turnarounds
- Assist with the monitoring of machine/process equipment instrumentation during operation as directed by the machine operator
- Maintain proper documentation including computer data entry as necessary
- Perform regular quality checks/inspections of product and equipment as directed
- Assist the film technicians with correcting and improving product quality and machine operating efficiency
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area and any assigned machine/equipment
- Assist the production team with maintaining cleanliness and organization of plant per required standards (AIB, IMS, etc.)
- Handle product and materials using power equipment (pallet jacks, lifts, etc.)
Successful candidates will have:
- Basic understanding of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 systems
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- Ability to push/pull 1500 lb. using wheeled cart
- Able to work 12 hour work shift
- Able to work required, mandatory overtime
- Able to stand for long periods of time, possibly up to 12 hours
- Proficiency in the use of a tape measure with the ability to add/subtract fractions to the 1/16 of an inch
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Toray Plastics will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.