320 Commerce Park Road
Job Number: 1885
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Taylor Farms. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Taylor Farms
JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing production employees and ensuring the production schedule is completed daily. The Production Supervisor is expected to ensure employees are trained to perform their jobs safely and efficiently as possible while following food safety guidelines.
- As the Production Supervisor, your job will be to ensure that production meets health, sanitation, and quality standards set by the corporation, food industry, and government agencies.
- You are required to supervise, lead and train staff in the area of production requirements, quality of products, operation of equipment, and safety.
- Facilitate the achievement of Company goals in terms of efficiency targets and customer service objectives.
- Ability to supervise and train employees in safe work and food handling practices.
- Ability to staff the line to labor plan to meet targets and ensure on-time production.
- Ability to understand and interpret production orders.
- Work with other departments to ensure raw product and quality specifications are met.
- Ability to complete forms and maintain daily required production documentation.
- Ensure employees are following GMP’ s while in the production room.
- Ensure all equipment and supplies needed for production are available for employees.
- Working with the Production Manager to ensure that the “ live” training matrix is up to date and meets the needs of the business.
- Additional duties as required
Successful candidates will have:
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience in similar production and operational environment
- Experience in production of short shelf life, perishable, value added-commissary production
- Ability to work flexible shift schedule in cold environment
- Ability to understand and interpret production orders
- Bilingual Spanish is strongly preferred
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Taylor Farms will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.