15 Gray lane
Job Number: 1806
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Hitachi Cable America. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Hitachi Cable America
JOB TITLE: Production Operator
LOCATION: Ashaway, RI
HOURS: 2nd and 3rd shift
The Production Operator is responsible for manufacturing extruded tubing that meets customer specifications. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Perform extruder operation and all other activities as instructed by supervisor, making sure to adhere to customer requirements.
- Utilize specific equipment related to the job responsibilities.
- Perform proper line start-up / shut-down, dryer operation, water trough adjustments, overall line maintenance, puller / cutter adjustments, inspection procedures and product quarantine when necessary.
- Accurately fill out all applicable paperwork, including Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP data if needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to understand specific directions, follow guidelines that are common throughout the department.
- Maintain a constant focus on quality and accuracy.
- Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out instructions.
- Work with moderate supervision
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- High School diploma/GED
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience reading blueprints
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Hitachi Cable America will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.