200 Providence Street West Warwick, RI 02893
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Bradford Soap Works. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Bradford Soap Works
JOB TITLE: Production Mechanic
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
HOURS: 2nd & 3rd Shift
- Support manufacturing operation through mechanical tasks.
-Experience performing maintenance on CNC machines is required
- Independent set up of line configurations in accordance to manufacturing and quality specifications.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns of existing machinery.
- Repair existing equipment to OEM standards and specifications.
- Fabricate new parts via duplication of existing or from blueprint design, ability to weld, braze; operate acetylene torches.
- Complete work orders; request new work orders, communicate verbally and in writing.
- Read and interpret blueprints, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, piping and control diagrams.
- Operate standard shop equipment including lathe, milling machine, drill press, etc
- Utilize hand tools, basic electric tools and measuring devices with little or no supervision.
- Thread carbon, stainless and aluminum pipe.
- Comply with existing safety program and reduce workplace hazards.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including GMP.
Successful candidates will have:
- Capable of extended hour commitment
- Understanding of the operating details of converting and packaging equipment within the department.
-Experienced with performing maintenance on CNC equipment
- General knowledge of soap processing equipment and soap characteristics as they relate to the efficient operation of the converting and packaging equipment.
- General knowledge of packaging material characteristics.
- Understanding of quality parameters as they relate to finished product.
- Mechanical aptitude to decipher root cause analysis of machinery; repair to OEM standards, document existing condition
- Working knowledge of pumps, bearings, bushings, power transmission drives.
- Working knowledge of vacuum, pneumatic, cooling systems and components
- Plumbing knowledge of socket fittings in plastic and copper.
- Possess mathematical skills to compute basic math, fabrication geometry layout, distance/area and volume calculations, tolerance computation, metric and standard conversions
- Possess communication skills to coordinate with outside vendors, OEMs, and company representative interface.
- Understanding and adherence to machine safety.
- Observance of all safe practices.
- Complete knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations including but not limited to lock out/tag out, hoists, electrical, guarding, fall protection, PPE, etc
- Maintain an acceptable level of orderliness and cleanliness in the areas of assigned work.
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task assignments as needed
- Feedback is essential to good performance. Two-way communication is encouraged between Managers and Operators.
- Function with little supervision.
- All duties relevant to the basic function.
- Experience Requirements: 5-10 years experience with manufacturing and packaging machinery
Education and License Requirements
- High school education with diploma or be able to demonstrate knowledge consistent with the level of education.
- Trade school or technical degree preferred.
- Computer literate with standard MS Windows software (Word, Excel)
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to read and write English
Physical Working Conditions (Physical Capacities)
- Capable of prolonged standing, bending and twisting consistent with maintenance type operations.
- Capable of moderate to heavy lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to mild noise (machinery) and some mild nuisance dust.
- Climate conditions are consistent with those of a normal manufacturing environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Bradford Soap Works will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.