Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Bradford Soap Works. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Bradford Soap Works
JOB TITLE: Production Mechanic
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
HOURS: 3rd Shift
- Support manufacturing operation through mechanical tasks.
-Experience performing maintenance on CNC machines is required
- Independent set up of line configurations in accordance to manufacturing and quality specifications.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns of existing machinery.
- Repair existing equipment to OEM standards and specifications.
- Fabricate new parts via duplication of existing or from blueprint design, ability to weld, braze; operate acetylene torches.
- Complete work orders; request new work orders, communicate verbally and in writing.
- Read and interpret blueprints, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, piping and control diagrams.
- Operate standard shop equipment including lathe, milling machine, drill press, etc
- Utilize hand tools, basic electric tools and measuring devices with little or no supervision.
- Thread carbon, stainless and aluminum pipe.
- Comply with existing safety program and reduce workplace hazards.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including GMP.
Successful candidates will have:
- Capable of extended hour commitment
- Understanding of the operating details of converting and packaging equipment within the department.
-Experienced with performing maintenance on CNC equipment
- General knowledge of soap processing equipment and soap characteristics as they relate to the efficient operation of the converting and packaging equipment.
- General knowledge of packaging material characteristics.
- Understanding of quality parameters as they relate to finished product.
- Mechanical aptitude to decipher root cause analysis of machinery; repair to OEM standards, document existing condition
- Working knowledge of pumps, bearings, bushings, power transmission drives.
- Working knowledge of vacuum, pneumatic, cooling systems and components
- Plumbing knowledge of socket fittings in plastic and copper.
- Possess mathematical skills to compute basic math, fabrication geometry layout, distance/area and volume calculations, tolerance computation, metric and standard conversions
- Possess communication skills to coordinate with outside vendors, OEMs, and company representative interface.
- Understanding and adherence to machine safety.
- Observance of all safe practices.
- Complete knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations including but not limited to lock out/tag out, hoists, electrical, guarding, fall protection, PPE, etc
- Maintain an acceptable level of orderliness and cleanliness in the areas of assigned work.
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task assignments as needed
- Feedback is essential to good performance. Two-way communication is encouraged between Managers and Operators.
- Function with little supervision.
- All duties relevant to the basic function.
- Experience Requirements: 5-10 years experience with manufacturing and packaging machinery
Education and License Requirements
- High school education with diploma or be able to demonstrate knowledge consistent with the level of education.
- Trade school or technical degree preferred.
- Computer literate with standard MS Windows software (Word, Excel)
- Valid Driver' s License
- Ability to read and write English
Physical Working Conditions (Physical Capacities)
- Capable of prolonged standing, bending and twisting consistent with maintenance type operations.
- Capable of moderate to heavy lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to mild noise (machinery) and some mild nuisance dust.
- Climate conditions are consistent with those of a normal manufacturing environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Bradford Soap Works will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.