600 East Greenwich Avenue
Job Number: 1736
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: Product Development Project Manager
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
Product Development Project Manager (PDPM) will manage a portfolio of projects and liaise with various departments to ensure projects move forward / address
roadblocks and/or potential issues are uncovered. The PDPM will become a subject matter expert in AstroNova’ s product engineering processes and will
work with stakeholders to provide guidance on next steps, deliverables, follow-up on action items and ensure that issues are resolved and communicated.
This position will oversee the progress of a portfolio of product development projects which will contribute to the continued growth of the organization.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development for our Product Identification Business, the candidate will be responsible for managing the planning, execution and progress of product development projects. This will include responsibility for managing project outcomes to achieve objectives on-time. The PDPM will need to be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator with strong leadership skills. Building and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholder groups is a critical aspect of this role including Product Management, Supply Chain (Purchasing, Logistics, Suppliers), Marketing and Sales (Internal and External) and Upper
- Responsible for all aspects of project management for assigned product development projects
- Creates cohesive project plans with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the approved plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, time, and quality parameters;
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of projects;
- Prepares reports for stakeholders regarding project status;
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members and other departments involved in the projects;
- Coordinates meetings, writes minutes, and develops presentation material;
- Identify and help implement process and reporting improvements while ensuring that sufficient resources are available to meet project goals.
- Assess project risks / process opportunities and communicate results to senior management; initiate action plans as necessary;
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Successful candidates will have:
Engineering degree or similar technical degree
Project Management Professional certification
- Listen, speak and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster teamwork and work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Determine strategies to move projects forward, set goals and priorities, create and implements actions plans, develop a work schedule and monitor progress towards goals.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Assess problem situations and identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Negotiate the use of resources, budgets, schedules, scope creep, and negotiate a variety of compromises.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.